Enhance your hair color with Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent. This no-ammonia hair color is specially designed to give you beautiful, natural-looking tones and dimensional shine while blending away grays. It works in just 15 minutes and lasts up to 28 shampoos, gradually washing away without a trace of telltale roots.
HOW TO USE
- Put on the gloves provided. Unscrew the cap from the Color Activating Crème.
- Open the Color Formula bottle (1). Pour the entire contents into the Color Activating Crème (2).
- Carefully replace the cap of the Color Activating Crème and shake well until the color is totally blended and the mixture thickens. Immediately remove the tip of the Color Activating Crème.
- Apply the color to your hair immediately, using the method below that works best for your hair.
EASY APPLICATION (FULL HEAD)
FULL HEAD: Ideal for first-time colorers! Use the FULL HEAD method if you are coloring your hair for the first time, or if there is no color remaining from a previous application.
Apply color. Part your hair into small, even sections using the applicator nozzle. Apply color first to your roots and then immediately through the length of your hair.
Work through hair and pile hair loosely on top of head. If any color gets on your skin, wipe it off with a damp tissue. PLEASE NOTE: Never reseal bottle, as once mixed, it could burst.
Time it. Once you have applied all of the color, leave on for 15 minutes (or the time indicated by your strand test). Throw leftover mixture away.
Rinse your hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
Condition. Apply the Clairol 2-Minute Moisture-Rich Conditioner, leave on for 2 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Rinse and style as usual.
RE-TOUCH APPLICATION (FOR ROOT REGROWTH)
Use the RE-TOUCH APPLICATION if your hair retains a lot of color from a previous application and you need to cover root regrowth.
Apply color. Part your hair down the middle and apply the color mixture to your roots. Use the applicator nozzle to separate your hair into sections and continue applying color to your roots only. Save the remainder of the color to use for the rest of your hair.
Time It. Leave the color in for 10 minutes (or 5 minutes less than the time indicated by your strand test). Then gently work the remaining color through the rest of your hair and leave to develop for an additional 5 minutes.
Rinse & condition. Rinse your hair thoroughly until water runs clear. Apply the Clairol 2-Minute Moisture-Rich Conditioner, leave on for 2 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Tips: Saturate all of your hair with color for optimal results. If your hair is thick or longer than shoulder length, you may need an extra box of Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent. When coloring gray hair, start where your hair is grayest. Do not worry if the color of the mixture on your hair looks different from your desired color. If any color gets onto your skin, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel.
To maintain your beautiful new color, we recommend that you re-apply Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent every 4 to 6 weeks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO I KNOW IF NICE 'N EASY NON-PERMANENT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent is ideal for first-time colorers-no visible roots, no long-term commitment. It's natural-looking, non-permanent color that gradually washes away, leaving no visible rootline behind.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It's so easy to use & takes only 15 minutes-just apply, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse out. Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent's colorant wraps each hair with rich, natural-looking color, and there's no ammonia.
WILL IT BLEND AWAY MY GRAY?
Yes! Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent beautifully enriches your own natural hair color and blends away gray in just 15 minutes.
HOW LONG WILL MY COLOR LAST?
Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent gradually washes away in about 28 shampoos. If you select a shade that's darker than your natural hair color, it may take longer to fully wash out. If you'd like to lighten or dramatically change your hair color, try Nice 'n Easy permanent hair color or Perfect 10, both from Clairol.
USEFUL TIPS BEFORE YOU START
Apply to dry hair free of styling product build-up. Do not shampoo your hair immediately before coloring. Your scalp has natural oils that help protect it during coloring. If your hair has been recently permed or relaxed, wait at least 7 days and 2 shampoos and 1 conditioning treatment before coloring. If you've used a gradual color restorer, henna or metallic dyes, don't use Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent for up to 28 shampoos, until your hair has grown out and the colored areas have been cut off. If your hair is longer than shoulder length or very thick you may need an extra box of Nice 'n Easy Non-Permanent. The instructions below, provided by the CLAIROL Hair Color Experts, will guide you step-by-step through an easy coloring experience.
BEFORE YOU COLOR: 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
- • Take the allergy test.
- • Do the strand test to determine your optimal coloring time.
- • Read the entire instructions before you begin.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Hair color products may cause allergic reactions, which in rare cases can be severe. Tattoos may increase the risk of allergy to this product. To reduce your risk, follow these instructions:
- • Do not use this product if you have experienced any reaction to hair color products or have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp. In these cases,
do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any hair color product.
SKIN ALLERGY TEST INSTRUCTIONS
Conduct a skin allergy test 48 hours prior to each application, even if you have already used coloring products before. MUST BE PERFORMED 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR. You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
- To open, unscrew the entire Color Activating Crème cap (#2). Don't pull off the tab. Then unscrew the Color Formula cap (#1).
- Mix small equal parts of the Color Formula and Color Activating Crème in a plastic bowl.
- Tightly recap both bottles.
- Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for the strand test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
- Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color.The absence of a reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future hair coloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
NOTE: IF A RASH, REDNESS, BURNING OR ITCHING OCCURS, YOU MAY BE ALLERGIC. STOP. YOU MUST NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.
IF DURING COLORING YOU EXPERIENCE:
- • Any stinging, burning or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use, as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. DO NOT COLOR
your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- • Any rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath or swelling to eyes/face, rinse immediately and SEEK IMMEDIATE
IF AFTER COLORING OR ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS YOU EXPERIENCE:
- • Problems such as itching, rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering or skin/scalp weeping, SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION.
- • This product contains ingredients, including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If
any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- • We recommend removing contact lenses before applying hair color. If you must wear contact lenses during application, and if any product gets
into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- • Never use hair color on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- • Do not inhale or ingest product.
- • Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- • Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- • Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- • Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- • Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product.
- • Do not mix this colorant with any other product.
- • Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
PRODUCT NOT INTENDED TO BE USED ON CHILDREN. KEEP ALL HAIR COLORING PRODUCTS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
STRAND TEST: Do the Strand Test each time you color. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing. You will need: scissors, tape, a clock and the remaining mixture.
- Cut a ¼ - inch strand from the darkest or grayest part of your dry hair close to the scalp and tape at the cut end.
- Completely cover the hair strand with the mixture remaining from the allergy test. Start timing.
- After 10 minutes, check the strand. If the strand is not the color you want, return it to the mixture and check the color every few minutes for up to 15 minutes.Fill in your personal color time below:
My timing for desired color: _______ minutes.
Dist. by PROCTER & GAMBLE, CINCINNATI, OH 45202